Making a Connie Kit

There are some days that we feel like we are building a 1959 Shasta Airflyte kit and not so much restoring a camper. Because we have no shop/garage space and are doing a full frame off restore, we really feel like we need to get a lot of pieces in place before we start putting them together. So we have all the pieces for the floor, getting the cabinets refinished, the upholstery is getting made, we will go buy the 1/8 inch birch ply and framing lumber soon. A full kit!

Today I received a button making kit. We are having the dinette seats upholstered in gray fabric and gold yellow ultra-leather. I am going to attempt to sew the goucho cushions myself in the same gray fabric and then there will be these lovely 2 inch buttons made of the same ultra-leather along the back cushion.


This is really fun. Now I want to put 2 inch buttons on everything. I have never sewn cushions like these before. I am really looking forward to the completed project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Connie Shasta

Connie's Cabinets

Discovery and Disassembly